Sunday, March 16, 2014

NOTM: Royal Nail Art

I named this royal because that is what I thought of when I saw how the colors came together. I think the maroon and gold really characterize this look.

Here's what I used:

  • Nicole by OPI - Shoot for the Maroon

  • LA Colors Striping Polish (Gold Glitter, Black, White)

  • Ruby Kisses French White **for the dots

  • Reinforcement labels for the french tip **not pictured



Step 1: Stick on reinforcement labels to act as a guide for the french tip.



I personally do not like these. The shape is too circular and it does not fit the shape of my nails well at all. Also, it didn't form a good enough seal so some polish got below the guide--this could be user error.


Step 2: Add the french tip



Step 3: Add black stripes, white, and gold stripes.





Step 4: Add dots.



Finished look. This was taken the next day in natural light.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWTk-5akF4Y

No comments:

Post a Comment